About Straight Up Survival
Straight Up Survival or SUS has been operating since 2012.
Our current map was started September 8th 2018 (Season 7)
We created the server after some of our favorite servers closed and we were unable to find the same game style. We are a Raiding-Survival server with very little moderation. We allow raids, PVP, and griefing. On Straight Up Survival you cannot protect/claim land or chests so your best protection from raids/grief is to build far out in our 75k x 75k world (37,500 blocks from 0,0) and to build smart. Straight Up Survival is a somewhat anarchy style server with some limited moderation. Play your way on SUS. Grief and raid, hide and collect, design and construct, enchant and pvp, it’s up to you.
Although we somewhat stick to a vanilla like gameplay, SUS has a few plugins that allow features we like. More on server features later.
- No hacks or clients.
- Do not evade a ban in any way.
- Adhere to the Admin’s directions.
Most of our active players are located in North America however all are welcome. Our most active time of day is around 6 PM CST – 11 AM CST. The majority of our players are friendly and supportive however because we provide very limited moderation, you may find some toxic players. You are able to use /ignore <player> for anyone that is bothering you.
We have an active Discord server for Straight Up Survival. Discord is where we give out important information about the server. You’ll find voice channels with active players and text channels with memes etc. If you join the server and decide to stick around, please join the discord. You will not be able to send messages or join voice channels on the discord server until you link your Minecraft account to your Discord account. To do this type “/discord link” on the Minecraft server.
- Teleportation – You are able to teleport to a few warps /warp, /warp <warp>, spawn /spawn, a private home location set by you /sethome, /home, and other players if they accept /tpa <player>. You will teleport with anything that you’re riding on or in. E.g. a horse or a boat.
- World Border – The world border is 75,000 x 75,000. About 37,500 blocks N,E,S,W from spawn.
- The End – The End resets every 20 days. The reset occurs at 8 PM CST. This makes the end a very poor choice for a base location.
- Ender Chests – Ender Chests are uncraftable and unusable. We’ve done this to make raids more profitable.
- Clans – Players are able to create clans with other players. A shared clan home location (separate from your private home location) can be set for clan members to teleport to. You can also chat privately to clan members by using the command /. <message>.
- Spawners – All players are able to collect spawners my mining them with a silk touch enchanted pickaxe.
- Beds – On SUS, beds have no effect on your respawn location or home location. The night will pass exponentially as the percentage of sleeping players increases.
- Events/Mini games – From time to time we provide fun games or events to the players. These do not affect the survival world inventories.
- Discord – As mentioned above, discord is the main source of server information and the center of our community. Please link your Discord by typing “/discord link” on the Minecraft server.
- Player Commands
- /help – Displays in chat a complete list of commands available to you.
- /clan – Displays in chat all commands available for setting up and using clans.
- /afk – Display in public chat that you are “Away From Keyboard.
- /msg <player> <message> – Sends a private message to another online player.
- /rules – Displays in chat the server rules.
- /ignore <player> – You will no longer see messages or receive teleport requests from the player
- /ping – Receive “pong” in chat. Used to test if youre lagging
- /lag – Displays in chat your current TPS. 20 is no lag.
- /spawn – Teleports you to the spawn location.
- /sethome – Sets a private teleport location.
- /home – Teleports you to your sethome location.
- /tpa <player> – Request to teleport to another player’s location.
- /tpahere <player> – Request another player to teleport to your location.
- /tpaccept – Accept a teleport request.
- /tpadeny – Deny a teleport request.
- /warp – Displays in chat warps available to you.
- /warp <warp> – Teleport to the warp location.
- /seen <player> – Displays in chat how long since a player last logged on.
- /kit – Displays in chat kits available to you.
- /kit <kit> – Receive the kit